Scale Conversion

Somewhere I have a copy of percentages to change scales for a given subject. Naturally I cannot find it. I have a set of 48th scale decals I wish to scale up to 32nd, can someone let me know the percent it needs to be increased to on a copier. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks, Ol' 45

Reply to
Ol' 45

1/48 to 1/32 147.6%
Reply to
Larry Farrell

IIRC, 48 divided by 32, X 100 = 150%

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Would this be any use?

Regards

Syke

Reply to
Syke

Simple rule that works in all cases, for enlargement OR reduction: Divide the scale you've got by the scale you want.

Example: 48/32 =3D 1.5 (150%)

Note that not all (not any?) photocopiers are exactly precise when enlarging or reducing. This is especially important to know if you need to go back & make more enlarged/reduced copies. Even with identical settings, the result may (probably will) be off. It's best to make them all in 1 session, without changing the enlargement/ reduction setting.

Reply to
John Mianowski

Apparently, that is for a MAC computer. The OP is running Windows

Reply to
willshak

You're right! Sorry about that. I have a copy of Scalecalc on a Win XP machine, but I couldn't remember the URL where I got it.

Regards

Syke

Reply to
Syke

...but us Mac users appreciate! Thanks.

Reply to
Rufus

To convert any scale, just divide the denominators. Since you're scaling up, you know the the answer will be greater than one, so it's

48 divided by 32, or 1.5 (that's 150%). If you wanted to reduce the scale from 1/32nd to 1/48th, your know your answer will be less than one, so divide 32 by 48, giving .67 or (67%). Gerald Owens
Reply to
Gerald Owens

I hate math. I want a visual conversion. :-0

Reply to
willshak

...try this -

Rufus

Thanks to all who responded to my query. I've printed the math formulas and now I'll just have to file them where I can find them. Many thanks once more. Ol' 45

Reply to
Ol' 45