Six Engine WWII Japanese Bomber?

saw on the History Channel a few days ago. story was about Japan's attempt to develop germ bombs to be carried to America with a 6 engine bomber...

anyone know what it was called?

I know there are lots of Luft 46 kits out there, but was a model made of it?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

It was designed by Nakajima and called the FUGAKU. It was never built and the only kit of it I know of is a 1/700 white metal kit by Pit Road(available from Hobbylink Japan)According to the kit packaging it would have had a 45meter fuselage and a 65 meter wing span and a top speed of

650KPH HTH Hub
Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott

Does anyone know why the Japanese don't produce vacs of their more obscure aircraft? I'd love to see a Shinzan and a Fugaku. Cheers,

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Maybe they don't like Vacuform kits?

When I was still active in hobby years ago the only limited production kits I remember having were injection molded by Mania (1:72 Jake I think).

Reply to
Charles Seyferlich

The Hikoki:1946 site has some info on it. Don't have the link handy, but do a search for the site.

Reply to
famvburg

The Nakajima G10N1 Fugaku seen at

The Old Timer

Keeper, I don't know if any of the online model shops in Japan show these kits in their catalogues, but there are many many obscure kits available as vacforms and multimedia (mostly resin) kits, in 1/72 and

1/48 scales. If I get to Hobbyland in Osaka over the weekend I will compile a shortlist for you (not all, I don't have *that much* time), certainly as far as 1920's and 30's carrier planes go they are all represented. You may be out of luck with the really big planes, but the store owner may be able to shed light on that issue. Postage is cheap, if you want something, just ask me!
Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

If you could, would you mind posting that list here? I am always looking for more Luft '46 aircraft, and not just German, but Japanese and American as well. Thanks.

The Old Timer

AFAIK, there is a resin kit of the Shinzan. I saw a review of it on line a year or two ago. >there are many many obscure kits

Out of curiosity, are any of these actually Japanese made? I know Choroszy (sp?) has an extensive line of 20's and 30's IJN aircraft, and RS resins has a number of "also ran" WWII Japanese aircraft in their line. Both are 1/72. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Raccoon makes almost 50 1/48 kits of obscure WWII Japanese aircraft. Hub

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott

Thanks Gernot, that would be great!

and John, thanks for