SNOW :)

Ok people in the northeast, here is your big chance. The snow is already starting to fall hard here in Wash DC and smart people should stay home.

So.... Now's your big chance to get some modelling done. I expect you people to produce some work here, so get to it !!!

I'm playing Call Of Duty now, will work on my 109 G6 later :) (awsome game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Reply to
AM

I'm near Baltimore and it's snowing like crazy.I found my package from squadron on the front steps this morning too woohoo But...my g/f is spending the weekend so...models?what models ;)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Indeed here in Catonsville (SW Baltimore) it's snowing a bit over three inches an hour and has been at it for several hours. No modeling being done but finally finishing up some cherry arts and craft style nightstands that I've been at for months.

Allen

Reply to
Allen Epps

Belair Road section of Baltimore here: It has stopped at the moment with about 4 to 6 inches on the ground, two jerks having an argument in the street outside because the one is stuck and the other can't get by. T.V. weather man says don't get too relaxed because there is another load coming this evening. Might be 10" by morning. JOY! Now which of my unfinished kits should I get back on? I made a New Year's resolution in 2004 not to crack a box till I finished all the unfinished kits sitting around the cellar. So far I have managed to keep to it. I made a New Year's resolution in 2005 not to buy a kit unless I had finished one. That lasted about two days! :-) Stay warm! Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Reply to
jimbol51

i do not miss new england winters.

Why are you on the computer?

Bill Banaszak, MFE ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I was thinking the same thing................

Reply to
AM

I hate you.........

You can have the snow, AND the cold !!

I spent my younger life working outside all summer long in the VA heat and himidity. To the point where I can function in 100 F, and 110% humidity. all day long. A pain, but deal withable. Get to around 20F like it is now, and I am incredibly miserable. Dosnt matter the clothing, I hate the cold. I can deal with it, but only if I'm out doing something interesting, day to day life living in it does get old. (the ice here is a prob now)

Worst part is, when final *retirement time* comes, I am moving to the mountians in VA, which gets even colder. This will give me dark skies for my three telescopes, and a permanet roll off roof observatory :) Mans got to have his priorities in order................

Reply to
AM

Reply to
jimbol51

I'm fomr Chi-land...and I still get P-O'd when I see snow.

Reply to
Rufus

A 1981 C 8 bought new by me, and with an excellent set of optics. I will never part with this one !!

A 2000 C 11 again bought new from Co. 7.Decent optics, nothing special like the C 8 is sadly. The C 11 is mounted on Losmandy G 11 GEM

An ST 80 (80mm refractor 400m f/5) Handiest little scope ya ever did see.

I have done some astrophotography, but only in film, which is what I am setup for. Lumicon GEG, and other stuff I will eventually try and digital with.

Interesting just like all the aftermarket resin and PE for models, computers and digital camera's have revoloutionized astronomy for the *average* person. Some of the pic's people take now digitally are simpally amazing !

Oh.. the C 8 is my permant backyard scope, the C 11, G 11 are my portable setup :) The ST 80 just about goes anywhere.

Lving next to Wash DC, travelling with scope is a necessity...

Reply to
AM