New to group

I'm new to this group and wanted to say hello to all my fellow
members. My name is Jessica Dow, I'm a jeweler and lapidary working
out of Tucson, AZ.. I design and make all fabricated, one-of-a-kind
and custom jewelry with stones ether cut by myself or my partner and
boyfriend Mark Anderson. If any of you subscribe to Lapidary Journal,
now Jewelry Arts, you might have seen my step-by-step article in the
June issue ( pages 18-22 ). I was my first time being published. I
have another article due out in the fall in the same magazine.
I'll be keeping my eye on the groups and the topics. Thanks! Jessica
web-site:

Jessica Dow
HI... thanks for the reply! I've been practically handcuffed to my bench for the past couple days so I haven't been online much. I just finished a step-by-step article for a fall issue of Jewelry Artist magazine. I didn't have much time to get it finished so it was a bit of a hectic week.
I've been to Tubac and I LOVED it but I don't get the chance to go very often.
I don't scare too easily(: I appreciate the welcome message! Jessica
So does this group revolve around other topics besides jewelry type metalwork?? I'll go through more of the older posts and do some investigating myself.
Reply to
Jessica Dow
This group is described as covering all sorts of metalworking, from machining, to foundry work, to wrought.
But it is primarily occupied with OT posts of a political/moral nature.
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
group revolve around other topics besides jewelry type
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......Thanks for the heads up.
Jessica
Jessica Dow
We do like reading and writing about metal working too. If we were into arguing politics and liked working with wood, we would be on rec.woodworking. ;)
Ask a coherrent question and you will tend get a serious effort to answer it.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Hi Jessica - welcome. Mainly heavy duty metal bashing with BIG machines ....a good group, ask a question, you will get a helpful reply.
Outbreaks of warfare from time to time, stay clear of politics and gun control, stays peaceful...
Like your work, took me right back to the 70's (still yearn for that era)
Andrew VK3BFA.
Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

Site Timeline