New to group

I'm new to this group and wanted to say hello to all my fellow members. My name is Jessica Dow, I'm a jeweler and lapidary working out of Tucson, AZ.. I design and make all fabricated, one-of-a-kind and custom jewelry with stones ether cut by myself or my partner and boyfriend Mark Anderson. If any of you subscribe to Lapidary Journal, now Jewelry Arts, you might have seen my step-by-step article in the June issue ( pages 18-22 ). I was my first time being published. I have another article due out in the fall in the same magazine.

I'll be keeping my eye on the groups and the topics. Thanks! Jessica web-site:

Jessica Dow

Glad to have you aboard.

Do you spend any time in Tubac? One of my favorite places in AZ.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Did you scare her off?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

HI... thanks for the reply! I've been practically handcuffed to my bench for the past couple days so I haven't been online much. I just finished a step-by-step article for a fall issue of Jewelry Artist magazine. I didn't have much time to get it finished so it was a bit of a hectic week.

I've been to Tubac and I LOVED it but I don't get the chance to go very often.

I don't scare too easily(: I appreciate the welcome message! Jessica

So does this group revolve around other topics besides jewelry type metalwork?? I'll go through more of the older posts and do some investigating myself.

Reply to
Jessica Dow

This group is described as covering all sorts of metalworking, from machining, to foundry work, to wrought.

But it is primarily occupied with OT posts of a political/moral nature.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

group revolve around other topics besides jewelry type

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......Thanks for the heads up.

Jessica

Jessica Dow

We do like reading and writing about metal working too. If we were into arguing politics and liked working with wood, we would be on rec.woodworking. ;)

Ask a coherrent question and you will tend get a serious effort to answer it.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Hi Jessica - welcome. Mainly heavy duty metal bashing with BIG machines ....a good group, ask a question, you will get a helpful reply.

Outbreaks of warfare from time to time, stay clear of politics and gun control, stays peaceful...

Like your work, took me right back to the 70's (still yearn for that era)

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA