Some company Called Mobius

Hey, now...THAT will be cool. Any idea what "scale" that translates as? Hope it's 1/72 so I can sit it alongside my Type VII and GATO.

Reply to
Rufus

Is coming out with a 36'' versoin of the submarine Seaview soon.This company is using the old Polar Lights/Aurora logo.

Reply to
teem

Here's their website:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

It's 39 inches long, and they say that that's 1/128 scale:

will have the Flying Sub and Minisub included. It needs a tiny Barbara Eden also:
who wants a dinky little 39" model Seaview?:
like the "Prehistoric Jungle Swamp":
have at _least_ two geologic ages co-existing in one swamp there. I think they have just recreated Edgar Rice Burroughs' Pellucidar. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

...I sudder to think that there would be any such thing as a "tiny" Barbera Eden...that just ain't RIGHT...

Reply to
Rufus

Hey - I built the Aurora release of that Voyager kit! May have to get one of those.

Oh Barbera, where art thou?...

Rufus

scale:

It will have the Flying Sub and Minisub included.

also:

But who wants a dinky little 39" model Seaview?:
I like the "Prehistoric Jungle Swamp":
They have at _least_ two geologic ages co-existing in one swamp there.

Hey! Me for that re-pop of the Voyager! I love the idea of getting a $750.00 model for something that I can actually afford....

Reply to
The Old Man

She can live comfortably in that bottle you know. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

I first saw the Seaview on

teem

I've noticed that too. I have the latest issue of Amazing figure modeler, and there are a couple with that logo and different names. There is the Moebius you mentioned, and Monarch with the Nosferatu figure. Some other magazines I was looking through at the hobbyshop showed a few more, but I don't remember what they were, sorry. I did notice an ad for the 39" Seaview...that would be very cool indeed!

Reply to
Disco58

Disco58 wrote:

Boy, could you ever superdetail the insides of that thing. The problem is the strange scale of the kit - 1/128th scale is odd, it's too small to use N gauge figures on, and too large for HO scale. It is apparently used for some ship models:

well as farm equipment (?!) Heller did 1/128 scale rockets. Now the confusing part; the Seaview is supposed to be 567 feet long:
...so we take that, multiply by 12, and end up with a sub that is 6,804 inches long, and divide that by 39 inchs... and end up with a scale of

1/174 for the model. That's starting to get into the realm of N gauge (1/148 to 1/160), so you could probably use N gauge figures and what-not on it, as it sits between the 1/128 and 1/174 scales. Besides, when the figures get that small the scale difference is going to be hard to notice. The use of N scale railway figure allows some really unique opportunities for things that can be observed when looking in through the bow windows. For instance, what if the sub bumped something, all the control panels exploded as usual, and the whole crew was knocked unconscious by the electrical surge...and replaced by sentient Aquatic Black Bears who are fighting a perpetual war with the ghosts of fly fishermen?
that sounds unlikely, well that's no more unlikely than a lot of what happened on VTTBOTS, especially as it headed into its later seasons.
let's face it...those bears fighting fly fishermen would fit right into the feel of season 4. Admiral Nelson managed to run into weirder crap than Capt. Kirk ever dreamed of, and did it without even leaving Earth. Wouldn't it be great if a Trident sub called into base and reported a malevolent leprechaun had seized control of the submarine? Shar, and if it wouldn't be, laddie! Those Brits would be out of Northern Ireland inside of the day! :-D

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

any body get the dr jeckel as mr hyde kit from mobius?

Drew Caldwell