Tamiya B-17

Well I just got an issue of Scale Aviation Modeller that has the new kit report
in it for 2003. they list as coming soon the P47D which we all already know
about. the second kit is the B-17. No info on what version. I don't think a
major magazine such as this would risk printing such information if this were
not true. So if they are correct I'm sure looking forward to that one.
Mike
Reply to
MBishop446
"G" PT
Reply to
Giessenlad
What scale? 1/48?
Reply to
Rufus
That's the rumor.
Tom
Reply to
Tom Hiett
Would your last name be Barnum? :)
Kelly Quirk President IPMS/West Central Missouri Show Me State Modelers
Show Me State Scale Model Show Saturday September 20, 2003 Kansas City, Missouri Ask me for details!
Reply to
Kelly Quirk
the magazine says 1/48 scale Mike Bishop

MBishop446
in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m29.aol.com, MBishop446 at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 07/22/03 4:14 PM:
If I'm not mistaken, I've seen this announcement in "print" before but I've yet to see it from Tamiya. Until then, it's just another nikce rumor.
Reply to
Milton Bell
B-17: $ ?
I'll bet >100 U.S.
Jack
Reply to
Jack G
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MBishop446) waxed lyrical news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m02.aol.com:
Let me guess, you're new to Scale Aviation Modeller aren't you? ;) Being wrong is pretty much their stock in trade.
Reply to
Drewe Manton
I guess SAM has bought into one of the older rumours on the net. Someone correct me if I am mistaken but haven't they mentioned this rumour before in their mag? This particular rumour has been around for at least six years. The earliest reference I could find on google in a quick search was in the fall of 1997. It gets new life every six months or so when someone who hadn't heard it before asks about it online and a whole new generation of it is born. Who knows it may happen, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
John Benson ------------------------ IPMS El Paso Web Guy
John Benson
I have never seen Tamiya or any magazine mention a 1/48 B-17 before. Tamiya does play it close to the vest at all times these days. Wonder if Scott Hards knows anything? He seems to know stuff most of the time. as for me I like the idea of a decent B-17 but I would have rather seen something never done in 1/48. My choice if I were Tamiya would have been the Halifax. Just my 2 cents.
Mike
Reply to
BlckhawkSixOne
I'm still waiting for the 1/700 Kirov that Skywave was to release in 1988 as per FSM......Joe
Reply to
Joe Drees
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BlckhawkSixOne) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m29.aol.com:
Perhaps with Panda/Trumpeter threatening a 1/32 B-17 someone confused rumors.
Frank
Reply to
Gray Ghost
Huh? What? Is this true? I'll buy one!
-John
Reply to
Pacific95
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Pacific95) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m15.aol.com:
Well it's been said enough times, even from potential importer.
Frankly, I wish Airfix had released the 1/24 Mosquito.
Reply to
Gray Ghost
I wanna know when Tamiya is gonna get on the ball and do a 1/32 scale P-51. They did such a great job on the Zero and I'm sure a 51 would sell like the proverbial "Hotcakes"
Dave
Reply to
Dave
in article bfr6pj$rb1$ snipped-for-privacy@skates.gsfc.nasa.gov, Dave at dave snipped-for-privacy@iwon.com wrote on 07/25/03 7:10 AM:
P-51? I'm waiting for an F3F or F6F myself.
OK, I know...it's going to be a long wait.
MBell
Reply to
Milton Bell
wrote
What, the old Revell F3F doesn't work for ya?
Reply to
EGMcCann
was there any "official" reason why Airfix stopped the 1/24 line? I remember the 109 being around in the early 70's..
Craig
Reply to
Craig
geez, I have 8 RevMo B-17's in the attic. Gonna be hard to explain why I need a $100 + version when the ones I have only cost around $20 each...
Craig
Reply to
Craig