Tamiya B-17

Well I just got an issue of Scale Aviation Modeller that has the new kit report in it for 2003. they list as coming soon the P47D which we all already know about. the second kit is the B-17. No info on what version. I don't think a major magazine such as this would risk printing such information if this were not true. So if they are correct I'm sure looking forward to that one.

Mike

Reply to
MBishop446

"G" PT

Reply to
Giessenlad

What scale? 1/48?

Reply to
Rufus

That's the rumor.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Would your last name be Barnum? :)

Kelly Quirk President IPMS/West Central Missouri Show Me State Modelers

Show Me State Scale Model Show Saturday September 20, 2003 Kansas City, Missouri Ask me for details!

Reply to
Kelly Quirk

the magazine says 1/48 scale Mike Bishop

MBishop446

in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m29.aol.com, MBishop446 at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 07/22/03 4:14 PM:

If I'm not mistaken, I've seen this announcement in "print" before but I've yet to see it from Tamiya. Until then, it's just another nikce rumor.

Reply to
Milton Bell

B-17: $ ?

I'll bet >100 U.S.

Jack

Reply to
Jack G

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MBishop446) waxed lyrical news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m02.aol.com:

Let me guess, you're new to Scale Aviation Modeller aren't you? ;) Being wrong is pretty much their stock in trade.

Reply to
Drewe Manton

I guess SAM has bought into one of the older rumours on the net. Someone correct me if I am mistaken but haven't they mentioned this rumour before in their mag? This particular rumour has been around for at least six years. The earliest reference I could find on google in a quick search was in the fall of

1997. It gets new life every six months or so when someone who hadn't heard it before asks about it online and a whole new generation of it is born. Who knows it may happen, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

John Benson ------------------------ IPMS El Paso Web Guy

John Benson

I have never seen Tamiya or any magazine mention a 1/48 B-17 before. Tamiya does play it close to the vest at all times these days. Wonder if Scott Hards knows anything? He seems to know stuff most of the time. as for me I like the idea of a decent B-17 but I would have rather seen something never done in

1/48. My choice if I were Tamiya would have been the Halifax. Just my 2 cents.

Mike

Reply to
BlckhawkSixOne

I'm still waiting for the 1/700 Kirov that Skywave was to release in 1988 as per FSM......Joe

Reply to
Joe Drees

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BlckhawkSixOne) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m29.aol.com:

Perhaps with Panda/Trumpeter threatening a 1/32 B-17 someone confused rumors.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Huh? What? Is this true? I'll buy one!

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Pacific95) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m15.aol.com:

Well it's been said enough times, even from potential importer.

Frankly, I wish Airfix had released the 1/24 Mosquito.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

I wanna know when Tamiya is gonna get on the ball and do a 1/32 scale P-51. They did such a great job on the Zero and I'm sure a 51 would sell like the proverbial "Hotcakes"

Dave

Reply to
Dave

in article bfr6pj$rb1$ snipped-for-privacy@skates.gsfc.nasa.gov, Dave at dave snipped-for-privacy@iwon.com wrote on 07/25/03 7:10 AM:

P-51? I'm waiting for an F3F or F6F myself.

OK, I know...it's going to be a long wait.

MBell

Reply to
Milton Bell

wrote

What, the old Revell F3F doesn't work for ya?

Reply to
EGMcCann

was there any "official" reason why Airfix stopped the 1/24 line? I remember the 109 being around in the early 70's..

Craig

Reply to
Craig

geez, I have 8 RevMo B-17's in the attic. Gonna be hard to explain why I need a $100 + version when the ones I have only cost around $20 each...

Craig

Reply to
Craig