Tamiya B-17

When they gonna make a 1/32 B=36? Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

I do hope the designer who made the landing gear parts died a painful death. everyone I ever built always had a distinct list. not a one ever was level...

Craig

Reply to
Craig

and for your divorce lawyer.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Word I heard some years ago was that climbing tooling costs scared the bean counters and sales of the last 1/24 kit were not quite what was expected. That combination was enough to get the kit scaled down to

1/48.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

You mean the F3F with the F2F wings, don't you??

Bill Shuey (who has been through the hassle of extending the wings)

Reply to
William H. Shuey

About the time you get the $$ to put a new wing on the house to display it in!

Bill Shuey :-)

Reply to
William H. Shuey

"William H. Shuey" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net:

Yeah, but which was the last kit the 190? They seem to still be selling kits, and with Trumpeter releasing more 1/24 kits and reviving interest, this may just be the time to jump back in. The Mossie really isn't that much bigger than the others and imagine how impressive it would be. Properly engineered they could do almost any version from the basic molds. For Pete's sake they keep modding the Harrier molds and now the Spit molds. Someone is buying kits.

And while we're at it, someone do an early Mustang in 1/24 and borrow AM parts breakdown. Hell just put all the Allison variants in one box and the Merlin variants in the other. You're looking at 5 basic versions in US markings, plus Brit versions. Jeez an RAF green and grey Mark I or III or with invasion stripes (see AM's decals for number of variants possible.) Or and OD over NG Din Hao! An A-36 with the yellow theater bands and extended dive brakes.

Tell me they couldn't sell enough of those to make a profit.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Ghostie:

Now, now! With the Chinese well known respect for intellectual property rights you shouldn't be tempting them like this! :-) Seriously, all they would probably have to do is pantograph up the AM parts.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey