Tamiya "Light curing" putty

Have anyone tried this stuff? It's supposed to harden within a couple of minutes with exposure to light.

Lee

Reply to
leeroi

I'm anxious to give it a try, but I haven't seen it in any of the shops I frequent. I'm not sure it's available yet.

Dan

Reply to
dnsh

I've seen in listed in the inventory for several online hobby stores. The stuff's pretty expensive- over $20 a tube. Still, I'd like to give a try too. I came across a posting on the ARC forum that may be of interest:

Lee

Reply to
leeroi

"leeroi" wrote in news:1119186345.829838.90520 @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Seems like it might be a little hard to work with since I usually work under bright lights. Hhhhmmmmm.....

Reply to
TForward

I've seen light-cured automotive putties, but haven't tried any yet. If I recall correctly, it's cured by exposure to UV light, i.e. direct sunlight or special UV lamps; your bright workbench lights shouldn't affect it.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

I once had a fiberglass cast put on my leg and the resin was activated by UV light. Might be the same kind of stuff but that was over 25 years ago. Pete

Reply to
The Laws