Tamiya Morgan 4/4

Hi guys,
Anyone here built that one ?
Is there anything I need to know before I get the glue out ?
Thanks.
Reply to
Serge D. Grun
Maybe you'll want to keep it since it is discontinued?
Reply to
willshak
IIRC, that kit was recently reissued in a Historic Vehicles (?) series. I haven't buillt that specific kit but I can say that going by Tamiya's reputation it will be pleasure to build and it'll look great.
Peteski
Reply to
Peter W.
It is currently available:
Peteski
Reply to
Peter W.
Erm, sorry, I don't get the point...
Reply to
Serge D. Grun
You shouldn't. Bill was talking stupid, like some 'collector' who speculates in out-of-production models. If you own it, you can build it - and you should. It was meant to be a model, not a frickin' shrine to the Japanese plastic molding industry. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)
Reply to
C.R. Krieger
You don't know me well enough to call me stupid. What's wrong with speculating? Just because you won't doesn't mean that others shouldn't. If you have an opinion, say it, but don't attack other for different opinions.
Reply to
willshak
I wasn't calling you stupid. In fact, I assumed the opposite; that you'd just lost your head for a moment in saying that scarfing up unbuilt OOP models for 'collection' purposes was a good idea. I was also kidding with you, but maybe you're the wrong 'Bill' for that.
What's wrong with speculating is that it makes *building* more expensive - and building is what these kits were meant for. Yeah; they've got some nice box art, but their intended purpose isn't to sit on a shelf with the cellophane still wrapped around the box with all the plastic trees in 'em; it's to be *assembled* into a replica of a 1:1 object. Collectors thwart that purpose, so I have little respect for them.
I suspect that the pure collector value of a Tamiya kit is probably much less than most others since Tamiya appears to retain their molds and periodically reissues their kits. Until the company changes hands or the molds disappear, I think Tamiya management is smart enough to know this, so I'd be willing to bet that the Morgan will again see the light of day. Therefore, Serge should build his. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)
Reply to
C.R. Krieger