TamiyaCon 2007?

What happened? I can't find any info on it this year on their website. Did Tamiya stopped this contest?

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

It's been postponed until the fall. I found out at the Tamiya website, thinking it was about due any time now. No firm date was published as of last weekend.

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

The word around here (San Diego area) is that it has been canceled due to Tamiya selling their building and moving to a different (albiet close-by, at least by SoCal standards) city.

I have not personally verified this info - but it was relayed to me by a typically very reliable person.

Randy

Reply to
R.S. Millar

R.S. Millar wrote: : The word around here (San Diego area) is that it has been canceled due to : Tamiya selling their building and moving to a different (albiet close-by, at : least by SoCal standards) city. : Would that be like Texas standards, where 200 miles is "just up the road"?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Thanks for the info. I looked their website over but I didn't find anything. Where did you find this info?

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Thanks Randy! It'll cost them a bundle to build another RC car racterack like they had behind the current building.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Here is the link:

the Legend of LAX

Here is the text of what it says: Tamiya/Con 2007 Tamiya/Con 2007 moves to Fall.......... We would like to announce our plans for Tamiya/Con 2007. Traditionally Tamiya/Con has been held over the years in the Spring time. This year we would like to try something different and new as we look for new ways to make this modeling contest one of the premiere events of the year. In

2007 Tamiya/Con will be held sometime in the Fall with exact dates soon to be posted here. With this new time frame we hope those of you hurrying to get your models done in time can now breathe a little easier. You now have more time to finish your masterpieces and more time to get started. Stayed tuned to our website news section as final fall dates will be announced shortly.
Reply to
the Legend of LAX

Thanks Dale. Looks like I just didn't look hard enough. Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.