tank overhaul

yes! first one is a comet. brt i watch them all 3 times like the other good shows. i bet cookie will be checking it out.

Not up against "American Idol" I won't - outvoted 2 to 1. 8-(

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

It's being repeated at 11pm. Being more of an airplane guy,I liked it but would love to see a warbird overhaul show :)

Reply to
eyeball

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: : : Not up against "American Idol" I won't - outvoted 2 to 1. 8-( : "I-dull" makes me want to take up that wonderous activity that gave the english language such wonderous words as "chunder".

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

damn, man, $50 will buy you a new color tv these days. i have a spare if you want it for the cost of shipping?

get a script up and i'll help you pitch it.

If anyone cares in this group, my daughter went with a friend to the try-outs (the friend made it to the semis) last fall in Seattle and a staffer told them (off the record, of course) that some losers get moved on so they can get ripped apart on TV. As if none of this smart group suspected that!

Reply to
Andrew M

I enjoy watching it with my daughter and wife to laugh and be incredulous at the auditions where people have some ridiculous idea that they have talent when they don't - after that it has no entertainment value for me.

On the English language thing, there was one family holding up a sign supporting their daughter/sister that said So and so is "are" next idol.

"Are" as in "our". Ouch.

Reply to
Tim Marshall

Andrew M wrote: : : If anyone cares in this group, my daughter went with a friend to the : try-outs (the friend made it to the semis) last fall in Seattle and a : staffer told them (off the record, of course) that some losers get moved on : so they can get ripped apart on TV. As if none of this smart group suspected : that! : The simple fact that FOX televises it is enough to tell you that the "controversy" is not only contrived, but is an integral (ugh.) part of the show.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

e wrote: : : yes! first one is a comet. brt i watch them all 3 times like : the other good shows. i bet cookie will be checking it out. : Not a bad show, but I am not sure how long it will be able to last. Too much time spent on the Isle of Wright countryside. Sure, it was pretty, but, leave that to the travel channel, please.

I do hope that they return. I would really like to see them overhauling the meteor engine as well as the Merritt-Brown regenrative steering system. However, I don't know how many others would find that at all interesting. And, I would really like to see a segment on how the M-B regerenrative system works.

One nit - is the German diesel really lighter than the gas turbine the M-1 uses?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

i don't think that's big surprise. i'm sure they decide the winner fairly early. i don't believe the "voting" has any effect.

that's the claim. other makers are saying that ultra light diesels are here. along with much greater efficiency. and you can get better milegae by adding a turbo! 2 bangs for the buck.