Zinc Chromate

Can anyone suggest a source for yellow zinc chromate paint (either enamel or acrylic)? I'm only finding the green tint. Thanks.

Reply to
robbelothe

There used to be some available from Testors in the little square bottles...I have a bottle. You have to search the racks for it.

Reply to
Rufus

Good matches are:

1) Tamiya XF-4 "Yellow Green" (acrylic)

2) Testors #1184 "Zinc Chromate" (enamel - in the little 1/4 oz. glass bottle)

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

the testor's is easy to find and very good. i get it at the indie paint store here. have you one of those? let me know if you get desperate.

genius will alike, as the bard said.

in article snipped-for-privacy@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 2/6/07 8:53 PM:

In addition to what others have mentioned, the Testors Model Master Acryl line does a Yellow Zinc Chromate (AN0067 is the jar number, I think). Also, at some point someone published a list cross-referencing current Humbrol paints with their old, discontinued lines. According to that list, what used to be HD4, Zinc Chromate Primer, is equivalent to the current Humbrol 81, Pale Yellow. I can't say for sure if it really is equivalent, but it may be worth trying if you're a Humbrol devotee.

Pip Moss

Reply to
Pip Moss

tamiya xf-5 ,green yellow

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Aircraft Colors do an acrylic "Interior Yellow", which I have just used on the interior of the rear fuselage of an A-7. However it seems to be in very short supply. The Hannants website no longer lists it.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Testors Model Master do both yellow and green.

Reply to
The Raven

Xtracolor X408 is yellow zinc chromate, according to the label. Certainly is an unpleasant looking yellow:-)

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Testors still makes the yellow Zinc Chromate in the tiny little bottle

Reply to
AM

Tamiya makes a yellow chromate paint.

Reply to
Stanley Parker

I use Marine Green. (acrylic) Into my airbrush cup I squirt in a few drops of alcohol, add enough green to cover the areas I want to paint, then add in a couple drops of flat yellow, stir and spray. Works for me.

Reply to
Hawkeye

Aircraft Colors went belly up this December. I had an order in and it never showed up. Wasn't billed for it. I tried to check the web site, but it was 404.

Reply to
Chezelwig

skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

Just got Micro-Mark's catalog today. They have this: POLLY Scale Acrylic Paint from Floquil Item no. 81244 Zinc Chrom. Primer

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen