The Pursuit of Detail

Is Revell still considered a top-shelf reproducer regarding scale and detail?

Thanks

Reply to
Flying Cloud

You don't specify which type of models but in general companies like Tamiya and Fujimi produce models far superior to any of the US counterparts.

In automotive field FUJIMI Enthusiast models are by far the most detailed and finest molded models. But Tamiya is right up there too.

Revell of Gernany seems to sell many repackaged models made by other firms (like Italeri).

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

What about the new F/A-18E kit?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

What type of models you are asking about? I can say that 1/72 revell tanks are very good regarding scale and detail - except older Hasegawa models. (like 03125, 03126 and 03127) I wouldn't recomment those. I can also recommend Dragon tank models in 1/72. I bought only one but already I am impressed with the crisp details. Keep in mind that Dragon 1/72s have one-piece tracks made od special plastic (not vinyl) and Revell have plastic tiny-piece tracks (except 03125, 03126 and 03127). Just decide what is better for you.

Maciek

Reply to
Maciek

You mean they were at some point in time? Must have missed that...

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

The new kits from Revell of Germany are very good, indeed. Their 1/72nd Tornados, F-16's, F-4F's, are top of the line. Their line of 1/72nd scale ships and boats are also very good. The Herman Marwede, Arkona, Uboat, and German WWII MTB are fine kits. Their line of 1/72nd kits in the amour range are also very good, if you get the ones they have done themselves.

Way back when (1955-60) Revell had some very nice kits. Scale variety was a problem, but they were really innovative in their choice of subjects, especially in the ship line; but also in the amour and aircraft lines. Monogram were excellent kits as well, with a good variety of choices. (For their time, of course.)

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Reply to
[-=\\LÈGIÖN//=-]

Al Superczynski wrote: : : What about the new F/A-18E kit? : Hi Al,

Sorry, sonar bouy's don't register with me. :-) I wasn't aware of this kit.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

You should read Internet Modeler. ;)