Too late to give my son the Airfix fix

They were thinking out of the box. (No, not that OOB.)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

And I used a Monogram 'B' to try and 'fix' my Airfix 'D'. ;Þ

Frog kits were an acquired taste. They looked so poor in the box compared to Airfix and with most of them you had to be a real airplane geek to know what the model represented. I certainly acquired that taste and I sure was a geek.

I think Airfix still occupies more space in my inventory than Frog and Revell combined. I know the numbers run well into triple digits and that does not include most pre-1975 models that had come and gone before the Great Listing started.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Trumpeter has a 1/72 BV 141 planned.

Didn't know about the HPM kit as it's to that...other...scale. :-)

Heller/Buzco. Wow, I had almost forgotten about them. They were unusual kits of unusual subjects, at least for their time and here in the USA. They really got me interested in unusual subjects.

I still have, in the parts bins somewhere, a Monogram P-51B fuselage with a pile of AMT Body Putty in place trying to make a "decent" P-51D. Also have a Monogram P-36 all chopped up to convert to a YP-37 using Rareplane's original vacuform conversion. The much newer Rareplane vacuform kit is in the same box. I want to do one of those nifty orange/green/white jobs. Now that Allance and LF have cast resins for the X/Y-37s I'll probably go that way.

Tom

e wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72