Trumpeter 1/48 scale Fw200

Have you seen the MSR for this model, $129.00. Are they trying not to
sell this model ?
Reply to
Joel Cordsmeyer
they've succeeded with me. fm may make it with their 1/48 hallifax.
I think Squadron finally got a price. its around $99.99 if that is any better.......
Bring back the old Revell 1/72 kit.
Nothing wrong with that one!
Craig
Reply to
crw59
Well, it's a big model, and not unreasonable if you only consider the smaller Vigilante is $75 and the 1/72 Bear is about the same price as the Fw200.
However, Trumpeter does seem to be jacking up their prices in recent times to unreasonable levels for what you get in the box. I'll buy paying that much for a 1/32 F-105 which has a complete engine, gun bay, and a boatload of weapons. I can't see the Fw200 having that much plastic, though.
Dave
Reply to
Dave Williams
Don't forget the $100 or so that you'll have to pay for the aftermarket resin sets to correct the shortcomings on the kit -- at least on the Wild Weasel variant. Ouch!
Reply to
robbelothe
I have Bill Koster's kit in "the stash" and it is an excellent piece of work, albeit the vac-u-form parts will require learning some new skills for some. It still builds into a very impressive model. Tough luck, trumpeter!
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
I dont think the price is over the top
Unless they really screw it up there will be at least one added to my stash.
Price is in line with the Monogram 1/48th scale bombers locally.
And even if I bought the Monogram stuff from the USA after shipping costs. import duties etc I will pay way over that price.
Charlie
Reply to
charlieh
It seems that US prices are higher than european ones, the 1:32 TBM/TBF is 129$ in the US but I have been told that in germany it will sell at 70?.
Reply to
Claus Gustafsen
US tariffs, not Trumpeter. The Vigilante can be bought for about 50 euros in Frogland. With the 1.3:1 $/euro exchange rate, that turns out to around US$60 - which is still lower by $15 than the US price. The 1/72 Bears are at 80 euros... I haven't seen the price tag for the Fw200 yet, but I'm ready to bet that there's a similar difference.
Reply to
Serge D. Grun
anyone want to do some smuggling?
There's no US import duty on model kits:
Reply to
Al Superczynski
The old C variant dates back 35 years if it's a day, and by today's standards it is very clunky. However, when you consider that R-G has issued a BV 222 and a Ju 290, a remastered Fw 200C is actually pretty likely. Better that than a 1/48 behemoth I cannot build because there's no place to put it--even in 1/72, four-engined birds will strain my exhibit space.
Mark Schynert
Reply to
Mark Schynert
Interesting. Did I just hear someone talk about starting a smuggling business ?
Reply to
Serge D. Grun