Desert camo B-52s?

I was thinking the other day about whether any of the B-52s used during either Desert Storm or currently had some sort of tan & brown or so desert camo applied. I know a number of US a/c had tan & brown camo applied during DS, ISTR the A-7 & OV-10 in particular. If no BUFFs were desert camo'd, is anyone aware of a proposed scheme or schemes? I'm thinking maybe a pattern similar to the gray & green wrap-around used now, only in tan & brown. Not that it'd be necessary on a BUFF, but you know how camo folks can be...........

Reply to
frank

"frank" wrote

They were based out of theatre and I don't think they ever flew low enough for anyone to be above them, so why bother?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Aeons ago there was a thread (started by MOI!) about camo- flaging B-36's. _TONS_ of good ideas, no one mentioned a desert scheme, that would've been a neat one!

Anyway, no, there were no desert camo BUFFs. Some poss- ibilities would be:

Tan/dk brown replace the grey in the two tone grey/green with tan replace the green in the two tone grey/green with tan overall tan overall light ghost grey (My favorite)

Hope this helps!

Reply to
Drew Hill