Trumpeter MiG-3...

I sat in the cockpit of both a MiG-17 and a MiG-19 several years ago. They wouldn't allow photographs but I remember the cockpit of both were about the same color; a decidedly coolish tone of light gray (lighter than ghost gray but darker than camouflage gray) with no hint of tanish or bluish tint at all. I must qualify my statement with the fact that these were the only ones of these marks that I've been able to get inside of. The MiG-21s were all that puky blue-green color.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I've had the pleasure of sitting in two MiG 21's (Both PF's) The Air & Space museum one, was just as you described, though it did have a slight bluish cast to it definately. It is now being restored. The MiG at Offut SAC museum had a decidedly zinch chromate color to it. I was suprised.

Azzz1588