Trumpeter Tu-16 Badger bombs; Types?

Anyone know what bombs these are? Thanks.

Reply to
frank

Various FAB dumb bombs, I think.

Reply to
Dave Williams

Thanks. I figured they were of USSR design but wasn't sure if the PRC used that same design or these were PRC specific. Either way, I suppose they'll suffice in a couple of Tu-4s.

Reply to
frank

First off you have to understand that the Tu-16 was originally built as a maritime reconnaissance and attack bomber, designed to disrupt enemy shipping. Based on what the Brits did in WWII its primary ship killer was originally a 9000 kilogram gravity bomb which they figured could sink any NATO battleship or carrier in one go.

They did use them in combat in Afghanistan when they were trying to kill Ahmad Shah Masood in the Panjshir Valley, but all they really succeeded in doing was cracking open some new veins of lapis lazuli which the Muj sold for a profit.

Not sure if it comes with a really BIG bomb or not, but the rest are probably Chinese copies of smaller Soviet weapons.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

It does come with some large bombs, I'd guess about the size of a 1/32 500lb'er. It then has lots of smaller bombs, about the size of

1/72 500lb'ers. They're basically the same design, just different sizes. I was thinking of putting the smaller ones in the Tu-4.

Reply to
frank