[UK] Pre-entering Scale Modelwolrd 03

Hi, Scale Modelworld 03 in Telford is just a month from now so I'm getting a bit nervous. A bunch of friends and myself are coming from Spain and we'd like to pre-enter our models.However, we still don't have the competition rules and I cannot find them in the IPMS-UK web site .... Has anyone the rules or at least can tell me where to find them? Besides, where can I pre-enter our models by e-mail? Thanks in advance

Reply to
Julian Herrero 'yuri'

Julian, when was the last time you looked? Nick Perry's address is now listed on the website here:

I don't know if anyone is looking at the old competition@ email address and I know the address printed in the latest mag is wrong - Good luck gettig booked in, and watch out, I will be judging 1/35th armour - I'd like it to be hard work please :-)

Treadhead

"Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination. Do not become the slave of your model" - Vincent Van Gogh Howard Freeman IPMS(UK) 9169 snipped-for-privacy@afvs.co.uk

treadhead

Thanks Howard I've just looked today, and I've seen Nick Perry's 'physical' address, but I was looking for an e-mail address. Snail mail (and indeed they are slow) workers in our town are on strike, so I very much doubt that competition rules and pre-entry cards will arrive on time. I'll try to send an e-mail to someone else at IPMS-UK Regards Don't worry about our entries, just air-planes :(

Reply to
Julian Herrero 'yuri'

Did you want to e-mail me direct with your address and I'll get Nick to send you the paperwork direct - may be a help...

Treadhead

"Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination. Do not become the slave of your model" - Vincent Van Gogh Howard Freeman IPMS(UK) 9169 snipped-for-privacy@afvs.co.uk

treadhead

How about pre-booking tickets ??

The IPMS (UK) Mag is exhorting us to get the tickets early - but you need a membership card to do so.

My Direct Debit membership subs expired in June (unbeknownst to me) - and following a letter from the membership secretary, I duly renewed it and sent it of in early September - together with an SAE.

Despite emailing him since - I still have no reply - and no membership card.

Is anyone minding the shop ??

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

Strange, I got a letter from them telling me I was 18 months expired (got dropped without realising in the great 2002 DD Debacle) - replied and got a new card within the week.

You need to write to the Treasurer, not the membership SEc for some reason.

Reply to
Dave Fleming
[e.tippex applied]

[RANT ON]

Very strange then that the most recent edition of Scale Aircraft Modelling that I have (has a F-15E trailing smoke on the cover) has the postal address for the IPMS membership secretary in the IPMS column. Absolutely nowt about what you say Dave. I wrote to this guy and nothing heard from him. Why? Like others have said in this thread, they (IPMS) seem very slow and there is no excuse. I know of at least one trader who is hoping to go to the Modelworld show but was finding it real hard to get full particulars and confirm their booking for a stand.

Me? Well I'm very fed up. A £20 postal order has gone astray. Maybe the only solution is to try to find an IPMS branch that I can join and MAYBE that will help. Fortunately, after going to the Sutton Coldfield Model Show last month, I at least have a phone no in the north-west of England, whom I can at least ask about. If those guys can help, jeez I will be _so glad_.

[RANT OFF]

Trevor

Reply to
87015

Was the name and address that for Alan Carr? Remember one thing, IPMS is run by volunteers who give up their spare time.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

"Nick Pedley" carefully cut the following from his sprue and glued it together:

Unlikely as Alan lives in London... I've got a letter telling me I've not renewed my membership, and I'm a bloody Scalemodelworld Judge. There is no excuse in saying they are volunteers - they have Ltd at the end of their name now, it's a business and like other businesses people will take their custom elsewhere if they recieve shoddy service.

Treadhead

"Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination. Do not become the slave of your model" - Vincent Van Gogh Howard Freeman IPMS(UK) 9169 snipped-for-privacy@afvs.co.uk

treadhead
[IPMS membership rants removed.... ]

Ta muchly, Treadhead. I like what you say. My only reason for joing IPMS is to get my modelling skills up from what they are and have the benefit of regular contact with other modellers (which I don't have other than here on r.m.s).

IPMS won't encourage members to join if their membership admin is anything good to excellent. I appreciate it is a volunteer organization but that excuse wears a bit thin.

Trevor.

Reply to
87015

Tread,

This sort of thing isn't limited to volunteer run organizations 'over here.'

A chartered professional association to which I subscribe fumbled my membership renewal this year.

Second time that's happened since I've been a member.

Scott G. Welch

Reply to
OSWELCH