Uses for THIN CA glue?

an art supply store near work is going out ot biz, 50% off

I've always used CA gap filling as I always have gaps.

uses for thin CA glue? they have it but do not want to buy if its used for build situations I don't work in.

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

I dunnno, "Krazy Glue" is pretty thin and I've been using that stuff for years as my primary adhesive. It's always worked well enough for me.

Reply to
The Old Man

Shalom.

The thin CA glue is fantastic *ANYWHERE* capillary action is wanted. You can put a drop on the join between two close fitting parts and capillary action carries the CA along a long section of the joint -- like using liquid styrene cement.

Some people add thickeners to decanted CA glue to thicken it to the consistency they want for gap filling.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
Master Gunner

Any time you have a tight fitting joint, the thin will work. I usually keep a bottle of both on the bench, use the thin if parts fit well together, use the gel if either there is a gap or if I need slower drying for better positioning (i.e, long joint). I basically use the thin anywhere I could use liquid cement, but want a quicker bond.

Ordinarily I use the liquid cememt on tight fitting joints because it is cheaper, but the quick bond is nice for well fitting joints on assemblies that would be hard to clamp.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

True enough, but I've come to find that a clear part coated in Future (which I do after painting canopy lines) is resistant to frosting by CA.

Reply to
The Old Man