UV cut clearcoat ... ?

Ahem ...

Could someone please give me the scoop on the so-called "UV cut" clearcoats in the Mr. Color range of paints? (Or any other range of paints for that matter.)

What are they for?

Reply to
John Magne Stubsveen

UltraViolet Cut could mean that it's got something in it that will keep the clear coat from yellowing even after long term exposure to UV rays. Anyone else? hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Hm, seems logical. But I guess it's not a good thing to use over original "prone-to-yellowing/place-in-direct-sunlight" Hasegawa decals then ... ?

Reply to
John Magne Stubsveen

I think it's a delicate balance between enough time to bleach them without being long enough to fade or turn yellow.Personally unless it were to look like my dog pissed on them I don't let it bother me.Or I use spares.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

UV barrier to prevent colours from fading out.

Reply to
Serge D. Grun

Thanks. I'll add a couple of bottles to my next order with Rainbow Ten and give them a shot.

Reply to
John Magne Stubsveen