Verlinden 1/72 P-40N update set judged

and found wanting.

I'm starting work on my latest model (Hasegawa 1/72 P-40N in RAAF markings), and wanted to get some aftermarket details to incorporate into the project. I tried to solicit/locate reviews of Verlinden's update set for the P-40N, but couldn't find any.

I then took a chance and purchased the Verliden update set anyway, mainly because it had an exposed engine compartment and flaps, in addition to the usual resin cockpit details. Big mistake. I've been comparing the parts to photos in Detail & Scale and other books, and Verlinden screwed up. The engine compartment doesn't right in comparison to the photos, the wells for the flaps are all wrong, and the cockpit details do not match photos of the actual airplane. I'm pretty annoyed right now. It really looks like Verlinden fudged everything...got it to 'kind of' look like the prototype, but then got lazy and in no way dotted their 'i's or crossed their 't's. I guess I'm out $14, but that's the last time Verlinden gets my hobby money until I've heard they've improved.

Reply to
Pauli G