T34 winter paint ??

Hello to all.
I'm building a little Airfix T34 tank, and thought I'd place it in a
winter scene. I want to give it a whitewash, but am curious to know if
they whitewashed the wheels too?
Thanks again as always!
Randy
IPMS Houston
We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us
from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?
Reply to
Randy Pavatte
Think like a cold Russian soldier......if you can reach it with a paintbrush without getting too cold or wet, whitewash it. Note what white washed weehels and the area around the running gear is not going to stay white very long.
Randy Pavatte wrote:
Reply to
Ron
Thanks. Point well taken. :-)
Randy
We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?
Reply to
Randy Pavatte
The "Whitewash" used was a paste mixed with gasoline and then applied, and would come off the same way.
Some were slopped on any old way but the fanciest paintjobs were some that had fake wheel tracks painted on them. See some of Steve Zaloga's books for color side views of them.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
Was it a T-34 with all the lovely 'dead branches' pictured on an immaculate white finish? Gotta find the picture... if anyone's interested, lemme know.
Ciao Bonehammer
Reply to
Bonehammer
That sounds like an SU-122 but close enough.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne