T34 winter paint ??

Hello to all. I'm building a little Airfix T34 tank, and thought I'd place it in a winter scene. I want to give it a whitewash, but am curious to know if they whitewashed the wheels too? Thanks again as always!

Randy IPMS Houston

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

Thanks. Point well taken. :-)

Randy

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

The "Whitewash" used was a paste mixed with gasoline and then applied, and would come off the same way.

Some were slopped on any old way but the fanciest paintjobs were some that had fake wheel tracks painted on them. See some of Steve Zaloga's books for color side views of them.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Was it a T-34 with all the lovely 'dead branches' pictured on an immaculate white finish? Gotta find the picture... if anyone's interested, lemme know.

Ciao Bonehammer

Reply to
Bonehammer

That sounds like an SU-122 but close enough.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne