New model car board

Hi all. I usually post questions here or seek advice, and have been very pleased with the responses I get. My original interest was in model cars and trucks, but a lot of recent influence has resulted in a new appreciation for armor. One thing I notice is that this board, while open to all subjects of scale modeling, seems to revolve mostly around aircraft and armor. Therefore I'd like to mention a new board for scale model autos. It is located at alt.discuss.hobbies.model-cars It's very new, but I'd like to see it develop into a good resource for the auto enthusiasts much the way this site is so great for air and armor builders. Also, it's one of very few that you can post pics on, so I can see some great work by other auto builders. Anyway, I'd like to see the site get a proper chance to make it. Thanks, and I'm sure you'll see me here again before long with new questions.

Actually, I do have a question. At long last I'm about to take that giant step into the world of airbrushing. I have a new Aztek A470 and a good compressor. I sorta thought I'd like to plan on using acrylics in it since I have the impression cleanup is easier. Is this incorrect? Any little tips beyond what the Aztek video teaches me I should know? My goal is to use mine for camo patterns on armor (and maybe a plane or two) models. Thanks for any advice.

Randy IPMS Houston

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

Yo,

I'm much of a car/motorcycle enthusiast myself. I got the inspiration of car scale models after playing NFS: Underground and watching the fast and the furious. hehehe... After that it's all car models from here one end. I even bought the last Mazda RX7 they have in the local Tamiya store. ;) I'll check that newsgroup you mentioned. Thanks for the info

Btw, according to finescale.com aztek has a lot of problems. Try checking their forums and you'll know what I mean. I'm still saving up for an airbrush. Hopefully, my new job will help me fund my hobby. It should be just a week's worth of salary for my new job. ;)

Regards CH4:D

Reply to
Chad

Dude, did you type that in correctly? I can't find it. :(

Reply to
Chad

Not sure what's wrong. I've triple-checked my info and spelling, and it's correct. alt.discuss.hobbies.model-cars When I visit I start from my home page, choose "discuss", type "scale model", and it's the first one on the list I can visit. I'm using Webtv, so maybe there's a difference in how I access the boards.

Randy IPMS Houston

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

Well, I was just informed that because the site originated from a Webtv user, it can only be accessed by other users of this system. I'm not sure I understand why, but thought I'd better pass this new info along. Sorry about the mistake. I don't profess to understand computers very well. :-)

Randy IPMS Houston

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

the only group that shows up when i type just the word "scale" is THIS group. hehehe... ;)

Reply to
Chad

Model Car Board..... mmmh. Sounds like a new material to make car models from

And its new too

-- Dennis Loep The Glueing Dutchman

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny ...'" Isaac Asimov

Reply to
Dennis Loep