Re: Tiger tank question

Have a look at the other recent thread on tigers.

Peter

Greetings and best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving holiday. > Would someone please tell me if Tiger 1 tanks ever had side armor > plating, kinda like the Panzer 4s? > I have a little Airfix Tiger in 1/72 I was gonna pitch because it was my > first effort, but instead I got to fiddling with it and created a new > camo paint job, better weathering, and a few other details. > I thought the side panels would look neat, so I made some from styrene > and added them. > If this is historic heresy, please tell me, and I'll just chalk it up to > scratchbuilding practice. Or maybe a prototype. :-) > Thanks, and again have a fun, safe Turkey day. > > Randy > IPMS Houston > > We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us > from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit? >
Reply to
Bushy

if you're looking for a walkaround, you can find a Tiger II on the FFSMC.

Reply to
Flying Frog

No, no variant of the Tiger I wore skirts never.

JR

"Randy Pavatte" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3211.bay.webtv.net...

Reply to
JR

Thanks for all the input. I decided to add the armor, along with some other items, to my Tiger. Since it has no basis on reality, I decided to name the model "The Tiger That Never Was". If nothing else it was a fun excercise in adding scratchbuilt pieces.

Randy IPMS Houston

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

Ya know, IPMS contests have classes for "theoretical" ideas like yours so hang on to it! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Will you show any photo? It would be nice to see...

JR

"Randy Pavatte" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3214.bay.webtv.net...

Reply to
JR