UH-34D Choctaw/ Seahorse

Hello Guys,

I have this uncontrolable urge to do a hi vis U.S. Navy UH-34D or J Seahorse. I bought a Revell UH-34D, and I'd like to do the kit justice, however I need references to start. Where can I get great pictures of the interior, engine, and other details all around? I have yet to see a picture of the underside, and I'd really like to see any photos of hi vis navy Seahorses so that I may do my own decals accurately, and completely. I would prefer a UH-34D/J in a blue, orange and or yellow scheme with large white ID letters and markings. I've seen many very attractive subjects, but it is always only one side of the aircraft shown.

I plan to replace the vents around the engine compartment with photoetch mesh, then detail the engine compartment. Does anyone have detailed drawings/ pics of the engine compartment complete enough to allow scratchbuilding with little guess work? How about the interior? Other things I'd like to do are detail the underside opening for the engine, detail the cabin and cockpit, and detail the rotors, gear, and just about everything else. Here's what I have right now:

Revell UH-34D Cutting Edge H-34 cockpit/detail set H-34 Choctaw in Action (Squadron Pub) Sikorsky H-34 (by Lennart Lundh, Schiffer Pub) This is a GREAT resource Highly recommended!

If you can point me to any other resources, please contact me, I really want to make this happen. If you have any personal pictures, or have access to a UH-34D and can help me, I will be VERY appreciative. Thanks for any and all help on this project!!

Sincerely, Kevin Hayes snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

P.S. If you email me, please make the subject H-34 or something similar so I know it is not junk mail! Thanks again!

Reply to
KJ

Kevin, I don't know your location, but if you're in New England or in the Northeastern US, the New England Air Museum near Windsor Locks, CT had a CH-34 in the overall USN Orange scheme. I've got a few picks somewhere, but just got finished moving and the pics are stashed too deep to get to. Maybe someone else...

Don McIntyre

Reply to
DDonSS3