DH-88 Comet, 1:72?

Hello out there!

Does anyone know where I can find a 1:72 model of the DH-88 Comet? I know that Airfix has made one,

, but Airfix refered to an online-store which didn't have it either.

I'm out of ideas. Thank you for any help!

Marcus Sweden

Reply to
Marcus

snipped-for-privacy@chello.se (Marcus) wrote in :

Reply to
Harro de Jong

Thank you, Harro! Perfect!

/Marcus

"Harro de Jong" skrev i meddelandet news:956DA4C57Wile.E.Coyote@62.58.50.216...

Reply to
Marcus

It's a little primitive what with the pilot's head moulded in with the fuselage halves but I wouldn't let that stop you.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Frog did a later, rather better, kit of the DH88. It was re-issued by NOVO and still turns up from time to time. It would be worth looking out for as an alternative to the Airfix kit.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Really? Interesting... The more detailed, the better!

Do you know where I should look? E-bay and such, or does

have it aswell from time to time?

Thanks so much for your help!

/Marcus

"Gordon McLaughlin" skrev i meddelandet news:41545905@212.67.96.135...

Reply to
Marcus

I believe there is also a resin kit floating around that would probably have even better detail.Perhaps a google search might find it?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I think E-Bay is more likely. I had a look at LHShop web site and I doubt if they would have it in stock! They do have the Airfix kit and some decals for it. Go to

for a review of the Airfix kit and a reference to some resin cockpit parts for the Airfix kit.

I don't know what happened to the Novo moulds but Eastern Express have re-issued some of the kits. I don't know if they have the DH-88.

Try advertising in the classified advertisements in aircraft modelling magazines or ask if anyone in this newsgroup has one. Try other Internet modelling groups such as the Yahoo groups.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Marcus - Just to give you a head's up, Air Lines also did the Frog-version of the Comet. You can try looking for that one as well.

The Old Timer

Bunch of thanks guys!

I'm on the right path now! Thanks for the link:

sure is a beauty!

/Marcus

"The Old Timer" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m18.aol.com...

Reply to
Marcus

snipped-for-privacy@onetel.net.uk (Gordon McLaughlin) wrote in :

They stock some pretty esoteric stuff. They still have a pile of (ancient) Maintrack vacuforms, for example. But the search I listed earlier is everything they have under the "comet" name, so no luck there.

Reply to
Harro de Jong

I must admit that I had never heard of LHShop until it was mentioned in this thread. I got the mistaken impression from a brief visit to their web site that they were some kind of airport gift shop that sold models! What do they actually stock as a rule?

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

snipped-for-privacy@onetel.net.uk (Gordon McLaughlin) wrote in :

Click the 'info' link on the site for some photos. It's a huge shop. They stock books, those prebuilt models often used as corporate displays, flight simulator stuff (including complete cockpits), and scale models. They have some 21,000 scale model kits in stock (Hannants has 26,000), ranging from the entire product ranges of the big ones (Revell, Hasegawa, Trumpeter etc) to obscure stuff (resin cockpit sets, old Russian kits, etc.).

I'll admit I'm biased (living in .nl and all that), but I haven't had to order kits from abroad yet.

Reply to
Harro de Jong

Marcus,

Take a look at

and search stock on DH-88 Comet. They have the Airfix and the Novo (is this the Frog mould?) in stock at the moment.

Dave Rogers

Reply to
Dave Rogers

Thanks man! Excellent! I placed an order on it, the NOVO-model - it will be exciting to see. Hopefully it will be something like the one Michael Johnson mentioned in his Airfix review

which has the nose-light detail and a more detailed cockpit.

/Marcus

"Dave Rogers" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Marcus

Thanks for the information.

I don't buy much by mail order these days, apart from second hand books, so I'm not well acquainted with the suppliers. Even so, I'm surprised that I had never heard of a store operating on such a large scale. No wonder you haven't had to buy from elsewhere! I wonder how many other modellers were aware of it.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Fun review:

tidy up seam and remainder of torso with >wet n dry paint area black

Gotta like that; no AMS! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper