Well...

I guess that's it for Meteor Productions. Can't even get onto the site to place an order today.

I hope they're just restructuring, and not really gone...I hope.

Reply to
Rufus

doesn't sound like it.

Reply to
someone

There has to be more to this than we know. The logistic's of shutting down a company of this size is considerable. What about inventory etc.? I only hope that since it was so sudden, that it wasn't something medical for a family member. We all loved this company and it's service to us, and only hope for the best, for them, and us.

mike

Reply to
MQM107

I'm just surpriosed at the suddeness of it.I hadn't ordered in a few years,and didn't get the email about it. I'd been to his former location (huge place),but never did get around to this one. Guess I'd better go support one of my local shops before it's too late!

Reply to
eyeball

Reply to
frank

No more seamless intakes for the Hase Phantoms then. Don't want to build another without those.

Reply to
flak monkey

message on there now

Reply to
Jonny B

Yeah...I saw that. Really going to miss their products. Hope Dave has another company brewing.

Reply to
Rufus

Rufus wrote in news:S5kvj.43947$yE1.20170@attbi_s21:

Wait a second folks. I watched the video. Closed permanently and not for sale?

So what he's gonna sit on all the research, artwork and masters? The leftover inventory? He going to store it? Throw it out?

Quitting but not because of anything to do with the hobby industry? After all the help us pick and/or design our next resin, decals. etc products.

He doesn't look as of he is ill in the video or worried about someone close to him and he says he's going on to other projects.

Frankly it does not make a lot of sense. Maybe I'm just the suspicious type. People don't generally walk away from something that is successful.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

That's kind of what I thought. Either there's an issue in his personal life, he's just plain made enough money and wants to retire and just build models, or some sort of restructuring is going on.

...I'd never seen a picture of him either, and was surprised at how young he is.

Reply to
Rufus

I met him in his store once years ago.He looks younger now! I also heard that he'll get rid of remaining stock on evil-bay...

Reply to
eyeball

i hope he mad a pile and is going out to play.

Reply to
someone

Rufus wrote in news:ummvj.43855$9j6.23346@attbi_s22:

Yeah that was a surprise. I have a book I bought years ago written by Dave the one on color matching ehich matches periods, countries and arm of service with correct color matches, usually given in FS with caveats for adjustments. It has long sections on color systems, matches, etc that seems very well researched. I did not imagine a young man had written it, to much detail that would require a good deal of time to acquire and collate. It is my go to for almost everything.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Yeah - I have that one too. Between that and my -595 color chips that's about got the whole of everything covered. Fantastic reference!

Reply to
Rufus