What's the oldest part in your parts box?

The nose piece from my first Aurora F-94C. I built the kit in 1957 and I don't recall when I tore it apart or why. Nothing remains here of its companion F-100A. Around 1966 I found another one that had been 'upgraded' with two sets of three missiles to hang under the wings. (Those were not present in my original kit.) I built that one then and rebuilt it about 20 years ago for my last hobby show display.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Must need an a-dapter kit! ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Probably the collection of 1/32 engines from Lindberg auto kits along with the windscreen from their 1/32 Bug eyed Sprite; from the late 50's(?) early '60s. And I have no idea why I kept the windscreen :-)

Reply to
chuck ryan

The oldest spares I can identify come from very late 1950's and early

1960's kits that I scrapped in the late 1960's. Most are useless but I can't bear to sling them out. What bothers me more is the fact that the oldest kits in my stash were bought in 1966 and 1967.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
NORTHDUK