xf-92 colors in "Jet pilot" movie

I'm intend to build xf-92 model, but I have enough of white on x-planes. I,ve seen this picture:

from
) What You think, what are the colors of this plane? I'm thinking about red and black. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

I'm thinking maybe a little more towards orange, like an international orange, for visibility. I like the "nameplate" on the fin. I wonder what the reason for this paint job was..... -- John The history of things that didn't happen has never been written. . - - - Henry Kissinger

Reply to
The Old Timer

I always thought it was grey and black; I could have sworn one of the UK model magazines, probably Scale Aviation Modeller International, covered it in their recent "When Edwards met Hollywood" issue. If I remember I'll try and dig it out. Are you planning to build it from the Hawk / Testors 1:72 kit?

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

Wasn't that Wings,or Airpower?And wasn't the movie in color?Find a copy to see how the plane was painted?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

FWIW Tha magazine was "Aircraft Monthly", Vol.2 issue 12. This is a SAM Publication. The article profile shows the 102 painted up for its role in the movie "Toward the Unknown".

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Had to go back on Google to find the start of this thread and have this to add; I have Jet Pilot on tape and don't recall seeing the XF-92 anywhere. All the 'Russians' are F-80s/T-33s in black and blue camo

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH

Reply to
CSRZ28

U¿ytkownik "Jonathan Stilwell" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:c5n3bb$ogi$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

No, this is my resin copy of german vacuformed kit

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

U¿ytkownik "CSRZ28" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:8AMfc.12484$A snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Anyway, there are pictures of XF-92 in this camouflage. Thank you all for answers.

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk