Need help identifying semi-trailer

Hi all,

Back in the 1980's I built a semi-trailer cab only (the kit didn't come with a trailer). I don't remember much about the kit, but I'm pretty sure it was a Kenworth and looked something like this:

*
I remember painting it blue as well, but mine was an even blue all over. I usually painted my kits as per the painting suggestion in the box.

I most often bought either Revell or Airfix kits at the time, but that's not to say that it was some other brand.

Does anyone know what kit it was?

Thanks!

- Mike

Reply to
Mike in Oz

most often bought either Revell or Airfix kits at the time, but that's not to say that it was some other brand. Does anyone know what kit it was?>>

Can't say on the particular kit, but this picture looks to be about a '72 KW. I know MPC and Revell built them.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

Mike in Oz wrote: : Hi all, : : Back in the 1980's I built a semi-trailer cab only (the kit didn't come : with a trailer). I don't remember much about the kit, but I'm pretty sure : it was a Kenworth and looked something like this: : :

*
: I remember painting it blue as well, but mine was an even blue all over. I : usually painted my kits as per the painting suggestion in the box. : : I most often bought either Revell or Airfix kits at the time, but that's : not to say that it was some other brand. : : Does anyone know what kit it was? : : Thanks! : : - Mike :

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Mike in Oz wrote: : : Back in the 1980's I built a semi-trailer cab only (the kit didn't come : with a trailer). I don't remember much about the kit, but I'm pretty sure : it was a Kenworth and looked something like this: : That may have been the AMT Kenworth Cabover. The Pete Pacemaker, IIRC, was orange.

Troll through ebay - these kits appear quite often (and often go for silly amounts!), but you should be able to find what you are after.

Search "amt +("1/25", "1:25", "1-25", "1\25") +ken*"

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden