yea!

finally got a matchbox privateer for a fair price. build or sit on?

sit on will probably break it , better to build !

noddy

Reply to
noddy

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote in news:BMPDg.437520$GD7.230201 @fe08.news.easynews.com:

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly. Models kits gotta be built!

Rob I am not a collector, I am not a collector, I AM NOT!! a collector...

Reply to
AussieRob

Yeah! A lot of us keep telling ourselves that as the "stash" grows higher and higher.

:-) Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I just listed one on ebay....with a lot of other stuff....should be the last listing for a while!....Oh yeah, who ever the anal retentive was on this NG that was busting my chops for the shipping I was charging ($5 over actual USPS charge) might want to know all, ALL the buyers were ok with the shipping charges....cc

Reply to
cc

nofood, scram.

In article , AussieRob wrote: e wrote

the box is supposed to have ink and stickers and be a bit messy. i know how to remoce all that. if i can make the box really pristine, i may be tempted to double my money. anyone know of any pics of built up ones? i've only found pictures of the matchbox kit. i'm not a collector, but 100% profit does get me hot....

i just passed the 300 mark, so i'm out of the novise into the early adult collection stage.

wasn't so much buting chops as thinking it excessive. if i really want a kit, i will bid on it. but i do subract shipping from the total i will bid. what i hate is people who charge $10 shipping on a kit like the lindberg me163. personally, i think 5 bucks for materials is excessive, but that's me and you won't have to worry about me questioning your shipping. and don't get me started on the people who insist on charging for priority when i ask for regular pp. and god help the people who charge priority and ship pp. one guy charged priority and shipped via media mail. i'm sure he didn't like my reaction. hey, if poeple will pay excessive charges, it's their problem.

Ron Smith

but you offer a choice, if i remember right. $5 for materials is an outright hose. even if you actually buy boxes, it's a rip,

Let's see....

You don't have to pay sales tax

Fuel to post office @ 3.15 gal....wouldn't want to leave the packages outside waiting for mail carrier to pick up so they are driven to post office

Ink for printer

Paper for labels

Packing tape, the clear stuff so the label will show through

Air pillows or bubble wrap or ground up foam

Time to photograph, list and monitor, then sort out the auctions and combine multiple wins into as few packages for shipping....to save the purchaser a few dollars!

Time to monitor paypal transactions, make sure everything gets paid, make sure the money eventually goes to your bank account (you do know you have to set up a "separate" bank account don't you?)....oh yeah ebay and paypal doesn't service you for free! They get a percentage of everything....

This is why I got away from scale modeling years ago, too many little minds....If you can't pay the price you shouldn't play....And yes there are some that charge too much for shipping, don't patronize them that will take care of them!....I keep selling my stuff....how much have you sold?

chuck shotwell IPMS 1325 (non continuous)

Reply to
cc

dude, i understand costs quite well. i also understand ergregious shipping. it's your life and my choices, just don't hide the fact you're making money on shipping. best of luck to you.

Not anymore since 90% of my shipping is business related I have to keep it simple. I do offer overnight shipping for rush jobs but they're already paying a premium rate for my time. If I have to buy a box to fit something and always with other than flat rate shipping I round to the next dollar up from actual cost. Since I'm mostly shipping data CD/DVD sets and 11x17 papers flat rate works well, shipping plans rolled in tubes gets expensive though. These days I ship maybe 10 kits/year.

Reply to
Ron Smith

that is a bit different. i mail tons of cd's, vinyl, tapes, even those pesky edison cylinders and luckily, most people are very happy with media mail which saves lots of money. i do ask, though, and if someone wants super duper overnight, they got it. i never chrage for materials. the only thing i actually have to buy is clear tape and the dollar store sells it. everything else i can get, or make. it's easy to make custom model boxes if you have a swinging blade type paper cutter. i bought mine from a school yard sale for a buck.