2008 wish list items

  1. It would be great to have a "Clear Selections" icon in the Measure Dialog window. Saves having to right click.
  2. The Measurements window should be able to display both Metric and English simultaneously without having to change settings each time.
Reply to
Manny

  1. Make macros record options windows. I need this for changing document properties in old drawings. Standards have changed and it would be great to be able to update options without having to do it manually.
  2. Allow linking title block properties to either views on a different page or link directly to the part/assembly file. Currently, to have all title block information for an assembly drawing the same on all sheets you have to set custom properties in the drawing separately from the part/assembly. It should be done similar to ProE.
  3. Allow ANY symbol to be inserted ANYWHERE (dims, notes, etc.) with a simple code snippet, again similar to ProE. %%D for the diameter symbol for example.
Reply to
cawpin

left-click outside of the dialog window onto empty space and your selections will clear.

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee

hold the alt key while pressing 0216 will get you the diameter symbol:

=D8

extended ascii codes are cool.

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee

Too late for 2008. It's already set. This is 2009 wishlist maybe?

Matt

fcsuper

Fewer bugs.

10 times higher performance, i.e., able to run productively on a 500 Mhz PIII
Reply to
TOP

What they said plus,

Far more abilities to link to far mre object properties. E.g. Why the hell can't i put a views scale label in any view, why can't i have an automatic option to toggle on view rotation angle in any view. Why the hell can't i enable a view label, edit it, and insert any property i want related to the model in that view or any other selected property from any damn object, item or otherwise!! GGRRR

Better performance.

More drafting options. I still can't do the most simplest of drafting things. Have to jump through way to many hoops and still unable to get where or what i want. e.g. apparent radius intersection display (ala NX and all its tanget edge viewport options). Ability to link inserted parts to a BOM and have it display its item number when ballooned (plus regardless of any sheet its on!). Ability to actually link to part item numbers in notes (see first paragraph). And oh so many "should have been there for years already" basic features but this will do. :P

Reply to
Anonymous

I think you are asking for SW2000

bill

Reply to
bill allemann

How does this work?

opened a drawing, added a note 0216 and nothing?

Steve R

hold the alt key while pressing 0216 will get you the diameter symbol:

extended ascii codes are cool.

bob z.

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

were you holding the key while typing 0216? it could be a font issue.

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee

Amen, brother!

Jerry Steiger

Absolutly, what font do you suggest?

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

Be able to type in dimension names (linked dimension names) when inputing dimensions, vs insert dimension value, link to other dims.

Mark B.

Reply to
mark Bannister

Yup, except that sometimes you're zoomed in and there isn't a clear area to click on, just surfaces everywhere.

hold the alt key while pressing 0216 will get you the diameter symbol:

extended ascii codes are cool.

bob z.

Reply to
Manny

It just dawned on me that this wish as well as many others could be handled with a user written macro or addin. The user community is mature enough in the API now that I am surprised there are not a few projects showing up in SourceForge or similar software development forums.

TOP

PS A little late to be asking for 2008 functionality.

Reply to
TOP

Indeed - just that alone would be nice and not too hairy to program. Even just let us toggle the results with a swap button.

I know that people probably do actually model in angstoms, but really SW - it is something like .01% - I really wish they would add egyptian cubits to their units.

My guess is that its probably 69% metric mm, 29% imperial inches and

2% all that other stuff - I'm also quite pissed that I cannot restructure my volumes in Hins - Liters (Bah) - what the heck are those?!

Good idea -

Later -

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

Click your measure tool in empty space and it clears the selections.

Reply to
devlin

Yup, except somtimes I'm zoomed in so close that there is no empty space without zooming out first.

Reply to
Manny
*Having Microsoft Excel as an Addin with its own tool bar. And displaying excell tables wysiwyg, when embedding them in drawings.

*A cleaner and more user friendly interface for handling the materials database. Something like the custom properties manager would be ideal. And material names based on different international standards.

*A toolbar button for launching the custom properties manager. (this could probably be done with a macro. Anyone have one?)

*Being able to insert a crossbreak in sheet metal parts, and flatten it out. ie. a bend on top of a bend.

*Significant reduction in price!!!!

*A conversational tool for designing shafts like in Inventor.

*A "paint" tool that will apply a finish to a surface (like paint) and change the dimension of the surface to compensate for the thickness. Eg 0.2mm.

*Cosmetic surfaces (like threads) that display surface textures and lays, to give a more realistic looking model without a big performance hit.

Hmm. Maybe I should stop now...

Reply to
Dom