2k5 Task Scheduler

I'm runnig SW2005 SP0.1 and my Task Scheduler doesn't work..... it's not buggy... it just DOESN'T work... at all... period.

You assign it a task (such as batch-produce e-drawings) and it doesn't show up in the window, then it crashes.

Anyone else had this problem? It's happening on several workstations in our office on both WinXP and Win2k

Reply to
George Maddever

Mine works.

2005 SP0 XP Pro Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell
Devon T. Sowell

George, we're having the exact same problem. None of them work here on any machine. Some crash, others just sit there and nothing happens.

Have you reported anything to SW's on this yet?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

Hi Richard,

Nice to know it's not just us, bad thing is, you can't just reinstall the scheduler. It works now on a couple of Seats we have but not on our other (main) seats..... I'm tring to figure out what the difference is.... only thing I can come up with is that I THINK the PCs where we have the scheduler working were from fresh installs, whereas the ones where the scheduler is dead seem to be ones we upgraded from SW2k4. I've not logged the problem yet, might get onto our reseller and see if they've had any word on it.

Will keep you posted.

Reply to
George Maddever

I'm going to be calling my VAR today about this issue. I hate it when something that was working fine, becomes broken after just doing an upgrade like from SW2004 to SW2005.

Reply to
Richard Charney

Hi Richard.... did you have any luck with your VAR on that 2k5 scheduler bug? I've been so flat out with other stuff here in the pre-christmas rush that I've not had time to chase it up myself. Like you it really annoys me when somethign just stops working with an upgrade.... interestingly the computers that were FRESH installed with 25k in our office work fine, the ones that were upgraded from 2k4 have the faulty task scheduler... wonder if there's a link there?

George.

Reply to
George Maddever