3D Contented Central

I occasion to try to use this today. When I went to Boston Gear they wanted me to register again. I am already registered for Contented Central. Why the labyrinth of logins? Or am I missing something?

Reply to
P.

Content Central is just a collection of links to vendors' sites in some ways. Each individual vendor wants to know that you are there and who you are. That is probably what they were `sold' to provide their data.

You would think that they could be provided access to the information that SW collects when we log in at the beginning, but that would be too easy, I guess.

jk

Reply to
jk

So why are we using 3DC2 then?

Reply to
P.

Paul

I generally don't use web sites that force you to "register" before you have access to information. In some cases, like Globalspec and Thomas Register, you have access to many diverse things so it's worth the trouble. In other cases, it's usually not.

The way I look at it, I need technical information on a product so I can incorporate it into a design. This can (and often does) result in millions of dollars in sales. In other words, I want to make them millions of dollars, and they're throwing road blocks in my way,,, stupid. If I have three candidates for an application, and one has a "register" web site, that "one" will not be considered without a very compelling reason.

All technical data, necessary to at least make an educated determination as to suitability, should be instantly available, without having to jump through a bunch of marketing driven hoops. Trust me, sales would increase, not decline.

The Swagelock and Bimba websites are good examples of how it should be done. You have instant access to technical data "and" solid models, no bullshit requried. You can register if you want to, but it's not required to access information

Regards

Mark Mossberg Omnica Product Developmet Inc.

MM

Maybe everyone should support .NET Passport then you have one login and it is verifyed through MS.

Corey

Reply to
CS

And give all my information to a company that is trying to democratize CAD?! and that is the most sought after prize of the whole hacker community.

Reply to
P.

Hi guys!

BTW. Do you know something like Globalspec or Thomas Register, but for UK and IE companies ???

TIA

Bye, J.J.

Reply to
Jerry.J

UK I know. What is IE? Internet Explorer?

Reply to
P.

IE = Ireland

You can find more about this country on