A required resource was unavailable

Anybody seen this error message when trying to access tools,options. SW

2007, sp5?

Just started happening on an old machine. I am running 2008 on my new computer, but some customers want me to use 2007 because they have not made the move yet. I take care of those jobs on this older machine and am curious about this error message.

Thanks.

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

"John Kreutzberger" wrote in news:2sidnTfDc7onv5jVnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@surewest:

I get this when I'm nearing the memory limits of a default XP installation. Usually I can close a few other apps and get it working again. Which apps doesn't seem to matter. It seems to have cropped up with sp5.0. I suppose this is an improvement over just locking up or crashing.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Yep-I have found that if I try to change my options early in the day after starting up-then there is no problem. However, after I have other items open I have this problem. And-yes-I never saw this before sp5. I'll see what I can do about the memory issue and see if that helps. Thanks.

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

We've experienced a rash of instability recently coinciding with a series of MS XP updates.

Reply to
That70sTick