A4Tech keyboard KB-(S) 2580RP experience?

I'm loooking at the A4Tech keyboard KB-(S) 2580RP because it has the number pad on the left and 19 programable keys.

Anybody use one? I'm particularly interested in mapping a left hand delete key (see my post esarlier today:"shortcut key "delete" won't work in relations".

I'm not sure how well the mouse will perform; I'm currently using a Logitech 5 button wireless. I like the key board.

Considered a Spacepilot and Spaceball but $$$.

Thanks - Rob

Reply to
321design

An alternative might be a certain gaming keyboard. I can't remember the name right now, but it basically consists of a plate that you stick the keys to. You can stick them in any configuration you like. I'm not sure of programmability, but I'm thinking a number pad on the left with parentheses, "in" and "mm" keys would be real nice, in addition to delete and backspace keys.

I've been using my Gateway 2000 Anykey 124 keyboard for over 12 years (take that, you buckling spring fanatics). I have always had all sorts of things remapped to more reasonable places, including delete and backspace, home and end, SW special characters, etc. I also remapped the F1 key so I don't accidentally get help when whacking on the Esc key.

I went looking for customizable keyboards, and found this:

hate to think what they cost.

I found that keyboard I was talking about earlier. It's called the Ergodex DX-1:

was thinking I'd love to park a Space Traveler in the middle of one. No need to waste extra keys on a numberpad; just park a number pad for laptops on one corner. That would leave you with 25 keys for all kinds of shenannigans.

Reply to
Dale Dunn