shortcut key "delete" won't work in relations

I've mapped my "q" key to act as delete so I can use my left hand without reaching over the keyboard for the "delete" key. It works for most delete operations but not when I want to delete a relation. If I edit a sketch, I can use it to delete line, circles, etc. But if I select a line for instance, and want to delete a relation in the sub window, I can't use the shortcut, I have to use the dedicated delete key. Same as for a mate in an assy. I can use the shortcut key to delete mates from the tree, but if I select the mate and want to delete the mate from the sub window, the shortcut key does not work.

I'm looking at an A4Tech keyboard KB-(S) 2580RP. It has the number pad on the left and 19 programable keys. I'm hoping that I can designate one of those (on the left side of the board) as a delete key.

Anybody have one of these?

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
321design

bob z. has an issue where about 75% of the time, he is unable to delete a relation with the regular old delete key. he picks the relation and hits delete. pick and delete. pick and delete.

depending on where the moon is, the relation will eventually get deleted.

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee

Try this - while in a sketch, double click the line you want to delete the relation from. When you do this, a little cyan box(es) will appear that shows the existing relation. Select it, turns magenta, and hit your "q" to delete. I've tried this several times this morning and it works fine.

Steve O

Reply to
SteveO

I have done this and it is useful but I essentially want to have a left hand delete key that works everywhere the regular old delete key works.

Thanks - Rob

SteveO wrote:

Reply to
321design