3D Content Central, Crashing or Hanging

If anyone else see's this,.. please report it, this has been going on for many releases, currently in 2006 sp5.1 and also it does this in SW2007. When accessing 3DCC (3DContentCentral), via the right Design Library menu, SW will hang and/or crash! I have to kill SW and Explorer in the taskmanager to resolve. This seems to happen when first attempting to access 3DCC after say a reboot. After killing SW I can usually try again and get in? Also, when using the 3DCC Search, it sometimes also crashes?

Thanks.

Reply to
Paul Salvador

unfortunately, my customer experience contradicts yours. ;)

accessing & searching working ok here.

2006 sp5.0, ie7
Reply to
kenneth

I gave up trying to access the 3dContentCentral via right hand menu, as it caused SolidWorks to hang consistently, I just log in via a web browser. My gut feeling is it's a problem with my firewall settings, however it shouldn't cause SolidWorks to hang.

John Layne

John Layne

Thanks, John. Yeah, I have verified this with a client who has also seen it and wanted to note it here for anyone else to send off a message to SW Corp. Although I can not reproduce this, I received a SRN (service request number) from SW. Service Request Number: 1-404449577

Anyhow, I hear ya, I do the same sometimes, just access directly thru a brower.

BTW, has anyone been beta testing the new 3DCC? From what I saw, it was VERY nice and FAST!

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador