animate sheet metal in act of folding?

Just wondering how such a thing could be done, can't think of anything other than a macro to change the bend angle from full to flat and grab still images in between rebuilds.

Sounds cumbersome....

Zander

Reply to
Zander

I have an example here from a guy in the NG.....think it was Arto.....which shows this.....I could zip it and mail it over

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Using SolidWorks Animator:

  1. create configs suppressing one (or mulitple) bends at a time (use design table for quickness)

  1. Activate all configs one at a time to load into memory

  2. start animator's "screen capture" feature.

  1. activate the configs one at a time to illustrate folding process.

  2. stop screen capture and enjoy ;)

Todd

Reply to
Todd

Me? ... ;p

The trick is to use sweep and a part that cuts the sweep in assembly... Mayby Krister will send you the example... You'll figure it out!

...I think I have it somewhere.. If he can't find it...

Reply to
Arto Kvick