animator & Photoworks ?

is it possibly to change the color of a conponent model in the middel of an animations? I would love to fade from one color to another to show our color chosses on a product. Tha animation is very simple rotate around y-z. I would like to rotate 1 time, fade a color change , rotate, fade color change, rotate,etc. Is this possibly, any help on info the do this would be a great help. THANKS David

Reply to
djhannah

You can find some tips on how to do that here...

Let us know how it goes.

Mike Wilson

Mike J. Wilson

Something to mention. You can only do this if you are using SolidWorks as the renderer. If you are using PhotoWorks Animator will not support changing colors, materials or fading to transparent.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

djhannah wrote on 13.01.2004 1:28 Uhr

If you cannot do it in animator, a relatively easy way would be to output the same video sequence in each of the colors. Then, import them into a video editing program as and crossfade from one to the other - the effect would be exactly what you want, plus you have more control over the speed and position of the transition. Then save it in whatever format you need!

"What program" I hear you ask? Good question! On PC I have no idea :-)) but I am sure someone here can suggest something. On Mac, you can use the free iMovie software to do it.

Good luck!

Reply to
daniel

I've done things this way before (with co-ordinated movements, not colours) and it works a treat, if a little time consuming.

George

Reply to
George Maddever