Any Dell M20 owners out there?

If yes..... how are you liking it so far?

Reply to
me

I've always had excellent service from Dells, and the M20 is Fine. It works really well with swks (as it has a full openGl graphics card) - with 2Gb memory it gets same performance as M70 in all aspects except very intense graphics. ... The 64 MB ATi=AE MobilityT FireGLT V3100 PCI-Express is not quite as good as the M70's 256 MB nVidia=AE QuadroTM FX Go1400 PCI-Express ..... even so the m20 spins all my assemblies without any jerks .. so wouldn't worry.

(This MCAD review helped me choose)...

with the M70 ... see also for comparison how they did against desktops.. ( I wont get another desktop ;-) (search 'M20' here..
)

I got the SXGA+ 1400x1050 display which is good, but for most of the time i drive an external 1600x1200 monitor .. which is fine. I find the lack of video ram shows only when running 2 displays together - if swks is in one - it slows when the other display is used. I like the size and weight compared to the bigger & heavier M70, but if i didn't travel I'd get the M70, (or an Alienware).. for 2 monitor abilities. (NB both M20 & M70 need the docking station to get DVi video output).

Reply to
HumanAmp

I agree with all of the above

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

Ok thanks

I'm looking at the M20 cause its comes in 14 " size.....and the M70 is only in 15.4"size

Will I be sorry if I get the smaller more compact M20 in regards to its smaller screen size? is the M70 screen size really needed with solids modeler apps?

Reply to
me

Only if you plan to use the M20 for all your work day in day out without a seperate screen - however if you don't want to develope your upper body strength carrying a M70 around to meetings, then the M20 is great.

TTFN

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs