any truth to the rumor

Just read that Ingersoll Rand just dumped 300 seats of SW for Pro-E. If it's true PTC will have a field day with the press and we'll know soon enough.

Also,(if true), the ramifications for SW go waaaaaay beyond the 360K a year in lost maintainance.

Any one heard anything about this

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

I was under the impression that I-R has always been a Pro-E house?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Coleman

Bill,

Could be a different company, like I said, a rumor.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg

Companies are switching back and forth, like crazy. Wouldn't surprise me if IR had switched to SW and is, now, switching back to proe. Who cares, it's solids, if you get one, you get them all ~ just pity the ACAD doofuses. The longer they wait, the harder it'll be. (Jeess, I really don't want to listen to them cry!?!) Sorry, pet peeve.

Reply to
David Janes

Is my understanding as well.

Reply to
Sporkman

damn Pro/e users!! 8^)

..

David Janes wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

damn ex-proe users!! 8^) \\\(^^)////

Reply to
David Janes

Reply to
Jeff N

As someone who works for IR, let me add my $.02.

As far as I know, IR never had 300 seats of SW combined in all divisions. Our three highest seat count CAD/CAM systems are Pro/E, Unigraphics and Solid Edge.

Just to add some creditability to the statements, I am a CAD/CAM administrator for IR in a division that has both UG and Pro/E.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Ben, can you clue us in as to how IR come to use so many different CAD packages?

I would almost assume there would be an attempt at some standardization down to only 1 or 2 systems, but you imply there are actually many in use.

I can guess acquisitions are part of the picture, and costs of a changeover are the other.

Bo

Ben Loosli wrote:

divisions.

Reply to