Anyone used Macro Magic in SW?

Someone was telling me that Macro Magic is a good way to create macro's in SW. Has anyone tried this? Is it any better than the built in recorder and the success of creating macro's without errors?

Thanks

Reply to
]{ilr]3

MacroMagic and similar tools (I use

differently than the "built in recorder". They don't care about the application (SolidWorks) you're using: they record your mouse moves, clicks and keyboard strokes, and replay those actions. The nice thing is they work the same with any application, and let you switch from one to the other, so I'd recommend them for simple inter-application macros (PDM, Excel...)

On the other hand, SolidWorks macro recorder creates a SolidWorks-dependent VBA (Visual Basic for Application) program which has 2 main advantages over the previous ones :

1) it knows about SolidWorks objects, especially 3D : when you will run a macro that selects something on the screen, it will work even if you changed the SW window size (MacroMagic and others will click at the same pixel position, not on the same edge or face...) 2) with a little programming skills, you can edit the VBA code to build really useful macros that will work in a wider range of cases.
Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti