API Question - Checking for and installing newer versions of Add-in's at SW start

I would like to create a macro that checks the version of various Add-ins that we have deployed, and then updates the add-in if a newer version is available.

Can someone tell me the execution order as SW loads? Would I be able to run a macro prior to the Add-In dll's loading? Has anyone else attempted this?

Would using the Task Scheduler with an external program be a better solution?

TIA, Eric

Reply to
Ferd Biffle

Which add-ins are you going to check for? It will have to be a program, as the only way to fire off a macro is by placing the toggle after sldworks.exe in your shortcut and having the macro run each time SolidWorks is ran.

Task scheduler would not be a good solution for this, just setup a policy to run the program at startup.

Reply to
SWX-VAR-JP