Newer Versions of Sw and extrude upto function

I have been using Sw since 98, I'm looking at updating as I currently have 2001+. I'm interested because I have recently seen other woodshops say they were using Sw for straight cabinet work because of the flexibility that Sw gives them. This suprised me that Sw was anywhere near fast enough for them, one shop has 85 draftsman.

We do woodwork and a key issue with me is the ability to create new configurations faster. I was told on the newer versions that you could create multiple configurations of an assembly (with parts extruding up to a surface)and drop the assemblies into another assembly and the parts would extrude up properly for the different configurations of the assembly. In our case this would be cabinets dropped into a kitchen. The advantage would be that I would only have create a new configuation for the assembly rather than the parts and assemblies. Is this true?

Also has anyone had any experience with this a company called pascam?

Thanks Pat

Reply to
Pgil235683