API checking for bad mates.

Is there a way in the API to check for bad mates? I looked in help and couldn't find anything.

Reply to
kellnerp

Remember that a Mate is a Feature : Feature::GetErrorCode is what you're looking for. Check

for tools that represent assembly structures as graphs, with errors in red.

Just had an idea! When you add a mate that overconstrains the assembly, many mates go to red. The Feature:DateModified API could be used to know which was changed last and display it as the probable cause of the trouble... Will do this ASAP...

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Thanks Philippe.

The one drawback I see to using this is in a large assembly. Wouldn't it require a traversal of the entire feature tree in each check?

DateModified might show the last problem, but I am go> "kellnerp" wrote:

Reply to
kellnerp

Structure traversal is quite fast.... and multiple copies of a subassembly could be traversed only once..-.

Do you have a better idea ? I've been rading and thinking for quite long now about constraint graphs... If you plan to find the smallest set of mates that must be deleted to remove overconstraints without modifying the dofs of any part, then:

1) I wish you good luck, it is a tough problem (you must consider the geometry of the mates too...) 2) if you have money to spend on this, I can help you ;-)
Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti