benefits from switching from cadkey to solidworks

Yep. You don't know what it is.

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Much lies in the hands of a skilled designer in the first place, and in their understanding. We could make C2 surface sets in CADDS III and AD-2000 long ago. Even in APT.

Start with generating curves that are C2 ... and other ways .

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

The problem, Cliff, is the tools are not all there for the users to get consistent C2 results in many cases.

Yeah, it's possible if the user spends more time in tweaking and adding curves and understanding the boundaries they are trying to achieve curvature continuous conditions with.. but it is not fun or easy.

So, should it be fun and easy? Yes, by now, there are tools which have been and are excelling with easier to use tools for achieving C2. The copy/paste regurgitating troll has picked up on this over the years and this is an an on going and lacking issue.

SW Corp is dragging their heals or they do not have the ability or $ (I doubt this) to bring those tools to the interface? And, clearly, the demands from their user base has never been big enough for those C2 tools to be a priority. The competition, thankfully, is driving these easier to use C2 tools.

We've got the basics but not the tamale,... just got a few trolls.

..

Cliff Huprich wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador