Blocks

I'm experimenting with blocks for (nearly) the first time in SWX, and was wondering whether it is possible to:-
a) Mirror block instances
b) Change the line pattern of instances (e.g. to dashed, for hidden)?
TIA John H 2007sp3.1
John,
In the mode of editing the block you can mirror individual or groups of entities (using sketch commands).
If you are looking for a complete mirroring of the block as an entire "instance", then I'd suggest saving a copy of the original block. Explode the copied block and then mirror (and/or rotate, move, scale the entire sketch using Tools/Sketch Tools/Modify.
In either the edit block or explode block modes you can change the line style, thickness and/or color using the Line Format tools.
It's good practice to make sure the scale of the drawing sheet on which you create a block is set as 1 to 1. If the scale is set otherwise, all sorts of undesirable things can occur with the relative positioning of text, etc. when the block is subsequently exploded...

John, Per's explanation seems to refer specifically to blocks in drawings, which I have no experience with. Since you asked about line patterns I assume that's what you were looking for, but to add to that... In a part / assembly sketch, you can mirror individual blocks (including about a centerline contained in the block). You can switch the entire block back and forth between construction and not- construction geometry, but doing so effectively edits the block and turns everything inside to one or the other. -Mark
Thanks for the comments.
Seems like yet another enhancement request is required....... I've been used to this functionality on the 3 previous CAD systems I've used.
John H
As someone who has never used blocks in SW (I did when I used AutoCAD for 12 years). What are you making blocks of and how do you use them.
Note - this is not meant as a jibe - just wanting to know how others are doing things so that I may adapt them for my own use.
Thanks,
Len