CATIA REPLACING SOLIDWORKS?

Is this rumar true? Has any one else herd this? I sure hope not.

Reply to
Bill

"Bill" wrote

This rumor started exactly 1 second after Dassault purchased SolidWorks, 6 years ago... (see

's new since then:

1) open C:\Program Files\SolidWorks and count the files named cat*.dll... 2)
and
are still unregistered, but
is taken ;-)

Philippe Guglielmetti -

Philippe Guglielmetti

And the winner is:

The data in Register.com's WHOIS database is provided to you by Register.com for information purposes only, that is, to assist you in obtaining information about or related to a domain name registration record. Register.com makes this information available "as is," and does not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via direct mail, electronic mail, or by telephone; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to Register.com (or its systems). The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this data is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Register.com. Register.com reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by these terms.

Registrar Name....: Register.com Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com Registrar Homepage:

Domain Name: SOLIDIA.COM

Created on..............: Wed, Sep 04, 2002 Expires on..............: Thu, Sep 04, 2003 Record last updated on..: Tue, May 27, 2003

Administrative Contact: Medialign Lee Lasch 370 Windsor Parkway NE Atlanta, GA 30342 US Phone: 404-252-7055 Email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Technical Contact, Zone Contact: Register.Com Domain Registrar 575 8th Avenue - 11th Floor New York, NY 10018 US Phone: 902-749-2701 Fax..: 902-749-5429 Email: snipped-for-privacy@register.com

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS1.REGISTER.COM 216.21.234.71 DNS2.REGISTER.COM 216.21.226.71

Reply to
Noel Jones

"Noel Jones" wote:

an unknown person/company! That's why there was a smiley at the end of my line:

Dassault will need more imagination than me to name their 6 years-old-rumored killer app ;-) OT: BTW do you know any "reverse whois" tool to know which domains are owned by a given company?

Philippe Guglielmetti -

Philippe Guglielmetti

facts: SW 2001 + had 60 sw*.dll and 20 cat*.dll files SW2003 has 63 sw*.dll and 23 cat*.dll + 1 acis.dll in SW2004b2 I count 75 sw*.dll, 34 cat*.dll and 10 spa*.dll (spaacis.dll) from this you can deduce, guess, speculate, dream, comment, extrapolate...

Philippe Guglielmetti -

Philippe Guglielmetti

I first heard this one in January, 1998 from one of the developers of FastSurf. He was using this argument as to why I shouldn't consider dumping Cadkey for SolidWorks. I did anyway in November of that year. Different variation of this one have been around for (obviously) a very long time.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

Yeah... Maybe SolidWorks will be replacing Catia LOL

Reply to
D. Short

extrapolate...

Cool... will it now allow me to place center marks on circles and center lines in my broken views?

Reply to
Cam Jackson